Monday, March 2, 2009

Yellow rain

Twice I have been caught out by yellow rain. How good is that. NOT



The first one. I was taking Ellen { who now has dementia} to the toilet in her room. Got her to stand up from the wheelchair,which is feat in it's self. So there she is standing, dress up on her shoulders. I am trying to turn her around and at the same time, pull her pants down and remove her pad. Talk about a juggling act. Just as I do this, Ellen goes "uh oh". Then I hear water running. She is peeing, Yellow Rain. Quickly try and get her to sit on the toilet. Guess whose shoes got wet, mine and Ellens. Wash her floor with her shower rose. Had to change her undies etc. Clean pad on. And finally get her to bed. Then run to the nurses station to give my own shoes a wash.

The second one, Same ressie. Take Ellen to the toilet off the lounge room this time. Not quite so lucky. Get Ellen to stand up, Just as reached for the pad. You guessed it. Yellow rain. No warning this time. But because I was pulling the pad out when she started, the pee was coming out at the back cuz the pad was holding it in at the front. So not only did my shoes get a wash again, but so did my hands. I think I might have giving a little scream that day. I quickly threw { I mean put down gently} Ellen on the toilet. I think I washed my hands about 6 times in a row. Teach me for not wearing gloves all the time, especially when I toilet Ellen. My shoes don't look any cleaner after their washes in Yellow Rain.

So, I don't think Nicklin Lodge is in a drought at the moment.........

1 comment:

Zoey said...

I got pooped on the other day... but at least it was breastfeeding poo and wasn't smelly ;-)
You poor thing!

Zoey x