Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I am the Lord of Documenting

For the past fortnight we have had to document heavily on one of our ressies, to get them up to the next level of care. This is done because they need more care and also this is done so we get the funding from the government.
Our ressie to document on, was the one and only PYSCHO CHICKEN.
My supervisor could not have given me an easier ressie to write on, I could have written a book on her and her behaviours.
Where to start, her yelling at staff, urinating and the occassional bowel movement in a bucket [which is kept under her bed} because she doesn't want to walk into her bathroom. her interrupting conversations. her abusive language, her throwing herself on the bed tantrums. her coming into the nurses staton without knocking. her trying to run ressies over with her wheelchair, the list just goes on.
Anyway, I did my documenting every shift I work, like I was suppose to. Yesterday at a staff meeting, which I was not present at, Lorraine{supervisor} thanked everyone for the great documenting we had all done on PYSCHO CHICKEN. Then she went on to say that she had an outstanding exception report on PYSCHO CHICKEN. Which read something like this. Chicken came into the nurses station while staff were attending to another elder, staff asked Chicken to wait outside until staff could attend to her needs. Staff spent 1:1 time with Chicken. Chicken then went on her way very happy.
Lorraine said that was how she wants her exception reports done. Then she said it was written by JC. Jesus Christ. One of the staff said, Jocey{oh I wish they would get my name right} wrote that report. Lorrraines reply back was well God would have been pleased with this report.
When I got to work, I had all these comments on my computer like, OH Great One of Documenting. Queen of Reporting. I didn't have a clue what was going one until I went into the nurses station and got the hand over from the rn, who tole me what happened at the meeting. Then I got called into Lorraines office and she thanked me for the good reporting. I told her that PYSCHO CHICKEN had enough bad behaviours that it was easier to document on. I told Lorraine that I did have one problem with the documenting though. She asked what that was. I told her that the space that we had to do our documenting in was not big enough to write in. I had to condense it down to x amount of words.
I can't wait until the end of this month when another one the ressies comes on to be documented about. One " I don't believe in gossiping" Lady, who wants to know the ins and outs of everyone. She is driving me insane at the moment.
Until next time, bye from the Queen of Documenting.

No comments: