It is amazing how much poo poo you can deal with in one shift at work. Saturday arvo shift started out like any other normal shift, except for one strange smell wafting at me from the lounge room. Didn't take my nose long to pick out which bum that was coming from.
Mrs I haven't a clue as to what is going on around me, had crapped herself. So I took her to her bathroom, stopped at the nurses station to get a supply of gloves bags, air freshener, anything I could get my hands on to help get rid of this mess. But Mrs Ihacatwisgoam in the shower, she had it everywhere, washed her bum, jeepers, you could lose an arm in there, her bum cheeks seem to go for ever. put her in her pjs as she was going to go for tea, saved us a job for later on. Threw all the dirty clothes in a bag for the laundry {lucky them} and sprayed air freshener in the room, that stuff never seems to kill the odour of old peoples poop.
That was done, helped red headed Tina do the med run at teatime, then it was time to take the ressies back to their rooms. One old lady is now on our "help to bed list" as she is getting confused. That was alright, walk into her room, {we will call her Mrs Grunter, cuz all she does is grunt all day} Mrs Grunter had a very strange aroma in her room and it was definitely not roses perfume either. Checked her bum and sure enough it had a brown covering on it, no undies on though, wonder where they are. Put Mrs Grunter into the shower, helped her into her nightie, clean undies and pad on and settled her into bed, then I had the job of finding her dirty pad and undies. You will never guess where I found them. If you guessed in the fridge, give yourself a pat on the back. And guess what, I then had the job of cleaning out her fridge. I LOVE MY JOB.
Been at work 2 hours, 2 pooey ressies, I am off to a good start, I wonder what is going to happen next.
The buzzer goes off, room 28, Mrs I want my shower at 6.30am sharp or Mrs whinger, needs something. I go up to her room, oh look what have we here sitting on the floor, no not the ressie, a brown blob. Mrs whinger missed her commode, lovely. "of course I can clean that up for you" I am sure you didn't mean to do that" DRY RETCHING, GAG. {don't breathe Joce} That done. Thankfully Mrs Whinger didn't need a shower.
Better go and check JO JO, another ressie who is losing the plot, have to change her pad and help her into her nightie and into bed. Her room always smells, cuz she hides her pads all the time. She remembers to change them but then she doesn't know what to do with them. She was clean but sitting on her kitchen bench was a lovely brown looking pad for me to collectf, only problem was I forgot my gloves and bags. Race back to the nurses station grab everything I need, walk into JO JO's room to discover her pad has gone for a walk. No good asking JO where she put it cuz she wouldn't understand what I have just asked. Here it is, tucked in with her clean undies. Take out on dirty pad and 3 pairs of now dirty undies. LOVE THIS JOB.
Thankfully that was all the poo poo I had to clean up, except wipe a few bums before the end of my shift, but before then I had to fill in how many ressie actually went to the loo for a poo. The charts should state how many poo on the floor or in her pants, not in the loo.
Until next time, Have your bowels opened today.
1 comment:
you nearly had to clean up the puke of a pregnant lady with a weak gag reflex... and I couldn't even smell it!!
Post a Comment